Monday, December 20, 2004

But Officer...

My name is Kris, and I am a habitual speeder.

There. I've said it.

I love to drive fast. It feels GOOD.

But I can't do that anymore. I got two tickets this year, after having managed to avoid getting caught for several years. Thanks to the addition of a couple of boneheaded fender-benders, our insurance rates are perilously high, and Rick has threatened to ground me if I don't start behaving myself.

That, and the fact that I inadvertently let my driver's license expire last month, is causing me to rethink my bad habits. In fact, since I'm visiting family in Texas right now, I'm really behaving myself -- I'm letting others do the driving until I can get back to Iowa and get my license renewed. Let's not take any more chances, hmm?

However, I really do sympathize with the gentleman in this article. My favorite quote from the article:

Rusko expressed remorse over the incident, adding that his car "has great acceleration."


I'm with you, Rusko.

No comments: